Terms of Service
Last updated August 1, 2012
The management of Genealogy Today LLC (hereafter "Owner") has created this legal notice in order to protect the materials presented throughout the Genealogy Today network of web sites. The Owner reserves the right to alter this agreement without advance notice by posting a revised agreement.
This Agreement applies to all Web sites owned by Genealogy Today LLC which includes, but is not limited to, the following: www.genealogytoday.com, liveroots.com and surnamefinder.com (collectively, the "Sites"). Access to and use of the Sites is provided subject to these terms and conditions.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AS USE OF THE SITES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
The Owner will prosecute offenders to the fullest extent of the law.
The information, including concepts and text (collectively, "Materials") contained on the Sites are protected by copyright laws. You may only access and use the Materials for personal or educational purposes. You may not modify or use the Materials for any other purpose without Genealogy Today LLC express written consent. Except as provided below, you may not reproduce, republish, post, transmit or distribute any Materials on the Sites.
You may, however, print Materials on the Sites for personal or educational purposes only, providing that you include any copyright notice originally included with the Materials in all copies. The Materials included on the Sites have been compiled by the Owner from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice.
Trademarks and service marks of Genealogy Today, LLC include without limitation: Genealogy TodayTM, GenealogyToday.comSM (along with the oval logo), Family Tree ConnectionTM, GenWeeklyTM, and Surname FinderSM.
For additional information concerning the use of marks, visit the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
The external web pages linked from the Sites are not under the Owner's control, and the Owner does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at such linked pages. The Owner does not intend links on the Sites to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities, and are provided for convenience only.
You are not obligated to register with us in order to access the Sites. We offer certain Services through the Sites, however, for which registration is necessary. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and/or user name.
In consideration of your use of the Services, you agree, where information is requested, to provide true, accurate, and complete information about yourself. You agree that if any information you provide is false, inaccurate, or incomplete, we may terminate your use of the Sites and/or the Services.
In order to keep our Sites safe for researchers of all ages to enjoy, you agree to the following:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on our Sites.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access our Sites, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use our Sites to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The services, information or data (collectively, "Information") made available at the Sites are provided "AS IS", without warranties of any kind. The Owner expressly disclaims any representations and warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Owner shall have absolutely no liability in connection with the services including without limitation, any liability for damage to your computer hardware, data, information, Materials and business resulting from the Information or the lack of information available on the Sites. The Owner shall have no liability for:
- any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by its actions, omissions, or negligence, or for contingencies beyond its control, in procuring, compiling, or delivering the Information;
- any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the Information regardless of how caused, or delays or interruptions in delivery of the Information; or
- any decision made or action taken or not taken in reliance upon the Information furnished hereunder.
The Owner makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of the Information or that the Information may be relied upon for any reason. The Owner makes no warranty, representation or guaranty that the Information will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects can be corrected.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall the Owner be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, from the use of, or reliance on, the Information, or from the use of the Internet generally.
Information or Complaints
If you would like any further information or if you have a complaint regarding the Sites or Materials, you can complete an inquiry or submit a complaint at genealogytoday.com/info/contact.html. Prices for goods or services available on the Sites are provided at the point of purchase.